Cluster name: Romanian Maritime Cluster
Year of establishment: 2011
Short description (main objectives, reasons for establishing the cluster, etc.): Collaboration between firms and business associations in the maritime sector, educational and research institutions in the field and maritime authorities. The aim of this network is to promote the Romanian maritime cluster, in its entirety, nationally and internationally
- S.C. Fairplay Maritime S.R.L.
- CMA Ships Romania S.R.L.
- S.C. AB Crewing S.R.L.
- S.C. Doehle Manning Agency S.R.L.
- S.C. Seaway International S.R.L.
- S.C. Romtrust S.R.L.
- S.C. Project Management Solutions S.R.L.
- S.C. Ship Design Group S.R.L.
- Romar Communication Inc. S.R.L.
- S.C. Barklav S.R.L.
- Det Norske Veritas Romania S.R.L.
- S.C. Maritima BDS S.R.L.
- S.C. COMVEX S.A.
- Constanta South Container Terminal SRL
- S.C. Aries Interlink S.R.L.
- Celerco S.R.L.
- S.C. Nautiq Media S.R.L.
- S.C. Retec S.A.
- S.C. Atlantis Mar Group S.R.L.
- Lower Danube University of Galati
- Constanta Maritime University
- „Mircea cel Batran” Naval Academy
- Ovidius University of Constanta
- National Institute for Marine Research and Development „Grigore Antipa”
- Autonomous Regie River Administration of Lower Danube
- National Company Maritime Danube Ports Administration Galati S.A.
- Romanian Naval Authority
- Autonomous Regie Free Zone Administration Braila
- Ronomar Foundation
- Romanian Shipbuilders Association (ANCONAV)
- The Association of Romanian Crewing Agencies (ANACR)
- Romanian Association of Ship Owners and River Port Operators
- Romanian Ship Agents and Ship Brokers Association
- Romanian Container Shipping Agents Association
- Port Operators Employers’ Organization Constanta
Others (individuals, banks, etc.)
- Romanian Nautical College Association
- CERONAV Constanta
- Port School Foundation
– promoting the policy oriented towards the cluster industry, in national and European areas;
– promoting the activity of the Romanian Maritime Cluster;
– strengthening cooperation between various actors in the maritime sector, through contacts, exchange of ideas and information and development of joint activities;
– support for business and professional associations in order to meet their specific goals;
– support for innovation and entrepreneurship, in the maritime sector;
– support for SMEs and their productivity;
– assistance for companies to comply with environmental requirements;
– establishing contacts with other maritime clusters;
– accessing funding, subsidies and other sources of income.
Main markets: The maritime sector
Turnover (aggregate, also indicate the year): 3 billion € (estimated 2011)
No. of employees (aggregate – also indicate the year): 40.000 (estimated 2011)
Value of exports (aggregate – also indicate the year): 60% (estimated 2011)
National and international organizations with which the cluster is in partnership: Romanian Cluster Association